While spring is a common time for many homeowners to spend some additional attention on maintenance and maintenance, autumn is simply as important a season for getting ready your home to face up to the possibly harsh winter weather and temperature conditions that may await you. By creating maintenance a part of your annual fall routine you'll be able to determine potential issues before they arise, and help prepare your home and property for what Mother Nature needs to provide.
Following are some home maintenance tips from our Risk management professionals to assist you prepare for the approaching winter:
1. Have your heating system clean and inspected annually by a professional technician.
2. Replace your furnace filter in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Insulate water pipes in areas exposed to freezing temperatures.
4. Check gutters for damage and make sure they’re securely attached to the house.
5. Clean gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating. This can be especially necessary throughout the autumn season once leaves might collect in gutters.
6. Check and repair caulking around doors and windows that show signs of deterioration.
7. Have your chimney cleansed and maintained by a professional.
8. Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and area under and behind the dryer. Take away lint and dust which will have accumulated inside the dryer in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
9. Check electrical outlets for loose-fitting plugs or receptacles. Make sure to not overload electrical outlets.
10. Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible. Make sure that it's fully charged and prepared for operation.
11. Examine your smoke detectors. ensure you've got a smoke detector in every bedroom or sleeping space and also, a smoke detector within the hallway outside every sleeping space. You must also ensure you've got at least one smoke detector on every floor of your home, as well as your basement. Take a look at them monthly, and change the battery annually or as required.
The steps you are taking throughout the autumn will facilitate protect your home and property from a lot of potentially expensive damage and emergency repairs within the colder months to come.
3/16/2021 08:53:33 pm
Thank you for shariing this
Leave a Reply.