How do you know which plan is right for your home? Our agents work closely with you to accurately evaluate your needs and help you choose a plan that's right for you. You can actually save on your coverage if you have a security system or multiple coverage plans, such as one of our low-cost car insurance plans.
Types of policies
Homeowners policies differ by which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of residence you own. You choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that cover losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specific losses you want protection against. The two types of homeowners policies, also know as multi-peril policies, you can choose from are:
1. Specified perils — Covers losses resulting from perils specifically listed on the policy.
2. Broad risk — Covers losses resulting from all perils that the policy doesn't specifically exclude. (Also called Broad Form coverage.)
For additional premiums, other losses such as earthquakes can be covered.
Types of Coverage
The four types of homeowners coverage a policy provides are:
1. Structural — Covers damage to your home or dwelling.
2. Personal belongings — Covers damage to items in or on your home or dwelling.
3. Liability protection — Covers your legal responsibility for injuries or damage to other people or property.
4. Additional living expenses — Covers costs for temporary increases in housing, meals, etc., while your home is being restored or rebuilt.